After 6 years it’s our first time entering competitions and I wish the best for each nominee. It feels exceptional because how many literary spaces focus only on Black and brown parent writers talking about that subject? I hope they all place and it was extremely difficult to choose coming off this past year.
It was incredibly difficult to choose—but we’re pleased to finally announce our nominees for Best of the Net 2021!
- Akua Lezli Hope, “They Are Swimmers“
- Anna Limontas-Salisbury, “Some Mothers III“
- Janel Cloyd, “In the Land of Milk and Honey We Are Lactose Intolerant and the Bees Are Dying“
- JP Howard, “Lullabies for Black Boys“
- LaToya Tee Bellamy-Hunter, “She Know (Free Verse)“
- Lee Scottlorde, “Softness is your birthright“
Help us congratulate them all!